Chestnut Homes have been established for over 30 years. We are NHBC A1 rated; enjoy a reputation for building quality new homes, and most of our customers responding to questionnaires tell us that they will buy from us again.
We are a family run business, with a friendly, dedicated, and experienced team who work together to deliver quality new homes for our valued customers.
We are looking to recruit a Residential Engineering Manager to join our team.
- The role is to take ownership of the engineering function for various projects
- Co-ordinate consultants; design drawings and information to include, engineering, architectural, landscaping, ecological and geotechnical.
- Check architect and engineers’ drawings to ensure proposals/details are practical and economic
- Ensuring that all groundworks and foundation works are designed and managed as cost-effectively as possible.
- You will need knowledge of all approval processes including S104, S38 and S278.
- Ability to identify site constraints, design of public highways and drainage systems.
- Proven experience in designing a variety of schemes from inception to completion, including undertaking site inspections
- Coordinate and manage all stages of structural warranty applications including discharging conditions, liaising with surveyors/ inspectors and obtaining warranty certificates
- Ability to work with other design team members and review third party engineering designs • Appropriate qualification in civil engineering.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A solid understanding and experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from both a technical approval and the delivery perspective.
- Oversee and inspect all infrastructure installations.
- Obtaining quotations and coordinating the layouts and diversions of all utilities, including day to day management of installations.
- Liaise with legal team to ensure or relevant legal agreements are in place for infrastructure and utility works.
- Educated to HNC/HND or Degree level in Civil Engineering.
- Extensive experience in a similar role within the civils sector.
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD (and preferably Revit) with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of Micro Drainage along with good working knowledge of SUDs.
Our Company and Benefits:
Chestnut Homes build new home developments across Lincolnshire, and this position will be based at our office in Langworth, just outside the City of Lincoln.
As part of working for Chestnut Homes, and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Scheme
- Company Car
- Single Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- 25 Days Holiday
So, if you feel that you have the skills and drive to carry out the above role and would like to be part of our professional but friendly team, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your application and Full CV to:
Chestnut Homes Ltd
The Old School
Applications will close at 5 pm on Monday 22nd March 2021