Chestnut Homes are one of the leading new home developers in Lincolnshire. We enjoy an enviable reputation for building quality new homes on attractive well-designed developments, varying in size from 50 units up to 500 units. The company continues to grow in a planned and sustainable way, and we are looking to appoint a driven and ambitious Human Resources Manager to help us deliver our plans.
We are lucky to have great staff and we love looking after them, so most of them stay with us, which is just great.
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to help our staff develop and grow as the company continues to grow. You will have experience also in dealing with performance issues that can arise from time to time. We are a family business with traditional values, so the person joining us will be working in a very busy, but caring environment. We want all our staff to achieve their full potential, so you will help us drive that forward. Training of new staff is very important to us, and you will help us develop more apprenticeships, and management training programmes. Clearly, we need to meet our legal obligations but we always look to exceed them where possible.
The role will be wide & varied but will include the following: -
- Responsibility for delivering a proactive HR strategy that is dedicated to delivering improved performance through mentoring and supporting our fantastic team
- Responsible for the overall management of all HR activities and key initiatives, such as Performance Management; Talent Management and Development; Succession Planning; Staff Cohesion and Health & Wellbeing
- Take overall responsibility for the staff recruitment and the necessary verification process and all training requirements
- Effective management of people and performance issues
- Responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the senior team
- Develop a positive and constructive working relationship across all departments to build on our already excellent relationships, and ensure that the HR strategy is aligned with our business plan
- You will ensure that all legislative requirements are met
- Provide guidance and support to line managers and employees on HR matters
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the HR function
Ideally, you will: -
- Be able to demonstrate HR achievements in the above areas, preferably in a construction-working environment
- Possess a good CIPD qualification
- Have excellent communication skills to enable you to engage with, and influence staff at all levels in a calm but effect manner
- Possess strong organisation skills with an excellent work ethic
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills
- Have a very detailed and passionate approach to the role
- Be commercially aware
- Work well within a team
We would be very happy to work with you to fill any gaps in qualifications and help you develop further within the role.
This role will suit an HR Manager who has experience, which has (ideally) been gained within the construction sector. This is a senior role, where you will work with the Directors to help nurture our staff and help them meet their potential and help deliver the company’s planned growth, in addition to ensuring that the company is compliant in its legal responsibilities.
This is a full-time position offering a very competitive salary, and a good benefits package.
If you would like the opportunity to join our expanding and progressive business, we would like to hear from you. We have an enviable track record of retaining and developing staff, so if you would like to become part of our successful team, please get in touch.
If you are interested in working for Chestnut Homes, please provide a full CV to:
David Newton (Managing Director)
Chestnut Homes Limited,
The Old School,
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org