Chestnut Homes are one of the leading new home developers in Lincolnshire. We enjoy an enviable reputation for building quality new homes on attractive well-designed developments, varying in size from 50 units up to 500 units. The company continues to grow in a planned and sustainable way, and we enjoy training and developing our staff.
The role of Site Manager is a very responsible position within the construction industry and requires a wide range of skills and knowledge. Through your training with Chestnut Homes, you will gain those skills and knowledge to enable you to ultimately manage your own construction sites.
As a Trainee Site Manager, you will learn how to develop, motivate and mould talented individuals into a team that delivers quality new homes for our valued customers in a safe and sustainable manner
You will assist the Site Manager while learning the following skills: -
- Plan, Organise & Manage workloads
- Staff & Contractor Management and Supervision
- Material Scheduling and Ordering
- Managing Health & Safety
- How to build new homes & associated works to meet the Company’s Build Programme and Targets in a planned and safe manner
- Technical competence in building techniques
- Management of Quality to ensure the company meets required standards
- Management of Customer Care process
- Carrying out the various build stage, and final Inspections
- How to liaise effectively with sales staff, head office, site inspectors etc.
- Input into Site Manager and Project Meetings
- Gaining knowledge working day to day working with an experienced Site Manager
- You will need to commit to undertake & complete appropriate training, including: -
- NHBC Site Manager Accreditation Programme
- NVQ Level 4 (Site Supervisor)
- NVQ Level 6 (Site Manager)
- 3 Day First Aid Qualification
- CISRS 3 day Scaffold Inspection Course
- Fire Marshall
- The desire and ability to develop leadership skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work as part of a busy team, but also be confident in your own ability & decision making
- A strong willingness to learn
- Good organisational, oral and written skills
- Good IT skills
- Hardworking, reliable and have a very positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a construction environment
- Clean driving licence
This role will suit either a Graduate or a candidate with less educational experience but who possess a strong drive to learn and succeed.
In return you will receive a competitive salary; a good benefits package; extensive training, and great potential for progression in a friendly and growing company.
This is a full-time position.
So if you would like the opportunity to launch or progress your construction career with us, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your application and full CV to:
David Newton (Managing Director)
Chestnut Homes Limited,
The Old School Wragby Road,
Lincoln LN3 5BJ
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org